Early in 2017, a number of our Yr 12, 2016 students were offered places for further education through the VTAC application process. Students were offered courses for Physical Education (P-12) at Victoria University, Primary Education, Commerce/Business Administration and Exercise Sports Science at Australian Catholic University and Marketing, Fashion Design and Electronics and Communications Engineering at RMIT. Congratulations to all of these students.
Calendar of important dates for Pathways 2017
- VCE and Careers Expo Thursday 4th May for all Yr 10, 11 and 12 students
- Work Experience all Yr 10 students 31st July – 4th August
- VTAC applications open first week in August Yr 12 VCE students
Managed Individual pathways
In Victoria, the Managed Individual Pathways (MIPs) initiative ensures that all students 15 years and over in Government schools are provided with individual Pathway Plans and associated support as a means to continued education, training or full-time employment.
MIPs help young people to:
- Make a smooth transition from compulsory schooling to further education, training and employment
- Develop skills to manage their Pathways throughout their working lives
- Develop their knowledge, understanding and experience of opportunities in education, training and employment
It is extremely important for our students to know where they are planning to head at the completion of their schooling. To this end, every Year 12 student will have an individual pathways interview with Mrs Sue Drever by the end of Term 1, when a MIP’s (Managed Individual Pathway) plan for each student will be developed.
TRY A TRADE
Students from Monterey, Mahogany Rise Primary School and Aldercourt Primary School the opportunity to participate in after school programs where they are able to have a taste of what it is like to work in a certain trade, with a number of different trades shown throughout the year.