VET programs assist students in making the transition from secondary school to further education, training, and employment. Many of the VET programs offered are based on entry level TAFE courses, with programs designed so students can develop general work related competencies and the skills and knowledge required in a particular industry.
At Monterey we offer the following VET qualifications to be studied within the school:
- Sport and Recreation
Students are also allowed to study a VET qualification with nearby training organisations.
Successful completion of a VET qualification alongside the VCE or VCAL qualification will provide students with:
- A VET certificate issued by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Fully recognised Units 1-4 within the VCE
- Pathways into employment and/or further qualifications
- Workplace experiences including structured workplace learning
A VET qualification will prepare students for the workplace by:
- providing direct experience of business and industry
- contributing to the development of entry-level skills for their industry
- enhancing the employability of students
- helping students gain knowledge of an employer’s expectations and real working conditions
- developing their capacity for co-operation, teamwork and leadership skill development
- assisting in the transition from education to the workplace