Frankston North Education Plan
Education, good health and wellbeing transform lives
How can schools deliver all these services for our community?
The Victorian Government is developing an education plan for the schools in Frankston North – Aldercourt Primary, Mahogany Rise Primary and Monterey Secondary College. They are running local events this month to gather our thoughts and ideas.
We want to hear from you: please VISIT engage.vic.gov.au/fnep to fill out a survey or ATTEND one of the community events (see below).
Monterey Secondary College is working with the other schools in Frankston North to develop the plan. It will investigate how the schools can best deliver education, health and wellbeing services to the community. The education plan includes early years, primary, secondary and adult education. We also want to build on the existing health and wellbeing services delivered at the three schools. The education plan will look at ways to increase participation, develop resilience among young people and build aspiration and pride in the community.
This will be a plan to help us reach the Education State objectives:
- Learning for life: More students achieving excellence in reading, maths, science and the arts.
- Happy, healthy and resilient kids: Building the resilience of our children, and encouraging them to be more physically active.
- Breaking the link: Ensuring more students stay in school, and breaking the link between disadvantage and poorer outcomes for students.
- Pride and confidence in our schools: Making sure every community has access to excellence, in every school and classroom.
To find out more and have your say:
VISIT engage.vic.gov.au/fnep to fill out a short survey or ATTEND one of the community events.
Tuesday 24 October
Parent / community workshop
6pm – 7.30pm
12pm – 4pm
Both at the Frankston North Community Centre
26 Mahogany Ave, Frankston North
LOOK OUT for the friendly Victorian School Building Authority team at school pick-up during October.
- Aldercourt Primary School – Monday 16 October
- Mahogany Rise Primary School – Tuesday 17 October
- Monterey Secondary College – Thursday 19 October
DON’T FORGET to share our Facebook posts
For interpretation services, please ring the VSBA language line on 03 9280 0712