Monterey Secondary College has an unwavering commitment to the social, emotional and academic growth of every member of the school community. The College provides a safe, nurturing and high performing learning environment that recognises the individual needs of each student.
Monterey’s size provides a unique advantage allowing us to provide targeted learning and wellbeing programs to support the needs of each student. Every Monterey student is noticed, supported and extended.
The school offers a range of programs and activities, including our state-of-the-art Health and Sport Sciences Program, diverse extra-curricular activities, and rigorous learning programs delivered by highly effective teachers and education support staff.
Monterey proudly provides outstanding education opportunities to families in the suburbs of Frankston North, Frankston and Seaford.
Find more information about our enrolment zone.
Education-led community renewal
Monterey Secondary College is proudly part of the Frankston North Education Plan (FNEP), a neighbourhood-level community transformation project underway in Frankston North.
The FNEP is a roadmap for Frankston North to become a unique and vibrant learning community. It involves Aldercourt Primary School, Mahogany Rise Primary School and Monterey Secondary College. It focuses on better facilities, higher quality teaching, improved post-school pathways and much more.
Monterey welcomes improvements to its facilities and programs associated with this plan including:
- Construction of a new science and technology wing with state-of-the-art learning spaces and facilities
- Construction of a competition-ready gymnasium with indoor and outdoor courts
- The introduction of the Silvertop Sports Science Academy with 2 key sports offering
- Provision of additional health and wellbeing services
- Additional community accessible resources.
- Construction starts in 2020 for delivery in 2021
- Principal's Welcome Welcome to Monterey Secondary College. I hope you enjoy finding out about our close-knit, intimate school community. It’s my pleasure to provide information on the excellent facilities, programs …
- Vision & Values Our Vision To provide an opportunity and a pathway through which every child can excel and leave successful, qualified and confident. Our Values Excellence: We strive for excellence in every …
- Meet the Team A dedicated team of high performing school leaders, teachers and education support staff nurture the growth and development of students at Monterey Secondary College. …
- Silvertop Sport Science Academy Our Applications for the 2021, Year 7 intake have now closed. The program may consider late applications for the 2021 intake, if you are interested in this, or want any other information about the pr …
- School Zone Monterey Secondary College is proudly the neighbourhood school for Frankston North, significant parts of Seaford and some parts of Frankston. For information about our zone please visit the Depart …
- Policies & Planning Key policy documents Below are some of our key school policies. Most Monterey policies are housed for current parents on our Compass Portal, should you wish to see a policy that is not below, plea …